The Chamber of Commerce of Bucaramanga (Colombia), in the framework of its Program of Internationalization 770, launched in June 2017 a call to which it invited more than 50 companies of the region to participate. The companies had to fulfill three requirements: updated business register , a concrete export plan with resources committed to carry it out and exports worth over one hundred thousand dollars.
Of the 50 applicants, the Chamber selected 11 companies from different products and services in the region, and Industrias LAVCO was one of the indisputable selected: within its tariff heading, LAVCO is the largest exporter in the country, with customers of very high level of sophistication located in 13 countries of the continent.
You may be interested: The success story of LAVCO, a small company that exports tailored cylinder liners (available only in spanish).
Thanks to the support received in both resources and advice, Industrias LAVCO spent the last 7 months making important efforts to comply with the internationalization project proposed in the call, including:
- Exploration of markets for the company’s diesel line, these are heavy duty engines, such as the ones used by tractors, buses, among others.
- Trade and fairs visits to Peru and the United States;
- Renewal of the indispensable technological tools for the company, such as its website and appearance on social networks, among others.
LAVCO is betting that in the first quarter of 2018 the work done during 2017 will be harvested with the support of the 770 Program of the Chamber and invites the other companies affiliated to the Chamber of Commerce of Bucaramanga to benefit from this important Program in favor of the state and its development and export figures
To learn more about the 770 Program and the selected companies, you can visit: Great achievements of the 770 program (available only in Spanish)
Data of interest:
- The 770 Program has the support of Procolombia and Bancoldex. The call to participate in 2018 will open in the month of February
- Santander has 178 exporting companies, of which only 24, export the large figures of the state.
- At the national level, the state of Santander occupies position 16 in exports.
- Santander is the 5th economy in Colombia.